News entries from the legacy PNSN web pages -
2002 - 2011
Special Reports and Press Releases
Some links may be broken because content is no longer available
- Aug. 11, 2011: Fall, 2011 ETS comes early starting in July.
- Jun. 24, 2011: Rockfall sequence at Mount Rainier in June-July, 2011 from the Nisqually Clever.
- Jan. 11, 2011: Watch "On Shaky Ground" Featured on KCTS
- Jan 8, 2011: Seahawk's 12th Man Shakes Seattle and SRL article
- Apr. 2009: NetQuakes Project started.
- Feb. 23, 2009: Tectonic Summary of the Wooded Island earthquake swarm of 2009
- Jan. 8, 2008: Latest info on winter 2008 ETS event
- Dec. 6, 2007: Rising Tides Intesify Non-Volcanic Tremor
- Dec. 6, 2007: 2002 Alaskan Quake Left Seven Areas of California Stirred but not Shaken
- Oct. 13, 2007: New Seattle Urban Seismic Hazard Maps
- Sep. 2008: Email earthquake notification - Anouncement from the USGS
- Aug. 29, 2008: The Maupin Earthquake Swarm 2007-2008
- Aug. 1, 2007: Triggered tremor under Vancouver Island after 2002 Denali earthquake
- Nov. 11, 2006: Silent Earthquake/Episodic Tremor and Slip Event (ETS) - Tremor episode Nov 11, 2006 - Feb 10, 2007
- Sep. 15, 2006: Cascadia Earthquake Catalog 1793-1929 - Verbatim accounts of historic earthquakes
- Jul. 2006: Future Dangers - by John Vidale - Incoming Director of the PNSN, Seismological Research Letters, 2006, Vol. 77, No. 4.
- Jun. 2006: Cascadia Arrays for EarthScope - CAFE
- Dec. 5, 2005: The Orphan Tsunami of 1700 - New Book by Brian Atwater, et. al.
- Oct. 15, 2005: Dr. John Vidale appointed new Director of PNSN
- Oct. 2005 - Major Results of SHIPS Studies - From the USGS
- Oct. 11, 2005: Memorial pages for Dr. Tony Qamar and Dr. Dan Johnson - Killed in a traffic accident 10/4/2005
- Sep. 7, 2005: Scenarios - CASCADIA S.Z., SEATTLE F., and SEATTLE-to-TACOMA TRANSPORTATION CORRIDOR
- Jul-Sep, 2005 - Silent Earthquake/Episodic Tremor and Slip Event (ETS) - Slip went from Sept. 6 until Sept. 30
- Jul. 2005: Seattle Fault Native American Serpent-Power Stories
- Apr. 2005: Native American stories used to date 1700 Cascadia Earthquake
- Dec. 6, 2004: The Indian Ocean Tsunami - What it means for Cascadia
- Sep. 2004: Mount St. Helens Volcanic Advisory & Updates
- June-July 2004 - Ongoing Earthquake Sequence near Lakeview, in southern Oregon
- July 8-24,2004 - Silent Earthquake Under Northwestern Washington & B.C.
- Jul 12, 2004 - Magnitude 4.9 offshore earthquake felt in Newport Oregon and surrounding communities
- Jun. 3, 2004 - Meteor Burst over Snohomish
- May 2004 - Silent Earthquake Under Southwestern Washington, May 3-18
- April 21, 2004 Press Release - NBC miniseries "10.5"? - It's full of errors and that makes it GOOFY!
- March 24 2004 - Earthquake Swarm at Three Sisters, Oregon
- March 2004 - Update on Puget Sound Crustal Structure
- Mar. 20, 2004: Memorial Service for PNSN Engineer Jim Ramey
- Dec. 23, 2003: New Web address for the PNSN - http://www.pnsn.org
- Dec., 2002: A new study on the the 1872 Earthquake - PNW's largest historic crustal earthquake - M= 6.8-7.4
- April 21, 2002, Swift Reservoir Power Canal Collapse
NEWS from IRIS